In John 14:15-27 we read Jesus speaking to His disciples and giving them comfort and reassurance by providing them with five faithful promises and blessings that would be given to them after His death and resurrection. These divine blessings were and are for the true followers and believers in Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
The disciples walked with Jesus and witnessed many of His miraculous healings and power but yet struggled with the unseen world and the eternal kingdom of heaven. They marveled at His teachings and were in awe of his wisdom and knowledge yet time and again were not understanding the spiritual realm nor the power of resurrection that was to come.
We will see each of the supernatural divine blessings and promises that Jesus made to help them and us grow stronger in our faith and love of Jesus Christ.
- He promises a Divine, Spiritual Helper in John 14:15-17 “ If you love Me, you will keep my commandments. v16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, v17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. You know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.”
- He promises a Divine, Spiritual Life - v18 “ I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. v19 Yet a little while and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you also will live.
- He promises a Divine, Spiritual Union - v20 “ In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. v23 “ If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love Him, and We will come to him and make our home with him.
- He promises a Divine, Spiritual Teacher – v26 “ But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.”
- He promises a Divine, Spiritual Peace - v27 “ Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”
My friends, let these words of truth, spoken by Christ himself, soak into every fiber of your being. Plant them firmly in your heart – embrace them with your mind and discover as I have the true love, peace and joy that comes from the power of the Holy Spirit working within us.
God is Spirit – God is Love – God is Life – God is Peace – God is Joy
Start today – Don’t delay and change your life - Let the words of God speak to you and be filled with a peace and joy beyond measure.
Sign up below and receive 60 additional scripture messages for free. Find additional inspiration and encouragement found in the books “Finding Calm in the Storm of Everyday Living” or “Heart and Soul” either going to Amazon directly or hitting the home page of the store and scrolling down to books.